Wednesday 27 December 2017

WOYWW 447

Good morning every one. Time for another WOYWW desk hop, courtesy of the lovely Julia.  I hope your Christmas was merry and bright. We travelled to Leeds this year to spend Christmas at my elder daughter's house.  Before we set off Mr M insisted on dismantling my "downstairs desk" and re-assembling it in my craft room.  I thought he had gone daft but ... back home now, and my present has been unwrapped!  And I needed extra desk space for it!


My regular desk is just too small ... but there is hope!  Plans have been drawn up for my new crafty space (on the back of a cracker box), and trips to Ikea and B&Q are planned for the new year!


Nothing much to show on my desk this week. The Happy Birthday was just a quick play with the Scan n Cut. On the left is a basket full of dies that I have used for my Christmas cards - mission this week to put them all away properly.  On the left is a tub full of A4 card - I am sure my card stash has been breeding.  I couldn't possibly have bought all this card!!

I was inspired by Zsuzsa's clock the other week, and I wanted to do something special for my wedding album.  I had bought an MDF piece, so ... I bought some gesso (never heard of if before but Zsuzsa makes it look good!) And maybe next week I will have a finished album cover to show you!

You may as well see the other side of my crafty space - random socket cover for when the little 'uns sleep over.  A new tool for getting the fiddly bits out of intricate dies, tape measure to double check the measurements for the new layout, and my new inks that I still have not tried.

That's all from me, apart from to say ... my desk hopping has been great fun for the last 6 months.  Concentrating on card making helped me occupy my mind, rather than pondering all the "what ifs" after my cardiac arrest in February.  Meeting you all has been an added bonus, and thank you for making me welcome.  Wishing you all a wonderful new year and will see you in 2018.  I'll be visiting desks this afternoon. Take care, Heather xx

15 comments:

Helen said...

well that looks a wonderful Christmas gift! Have fun enlarging your crafty space! Helen #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather- so you & Julia now have a scan N Cut! How awesome. I'll pass on to you the same bit of info I gave Julia: I'm on a US forum called Splitcoast Stampers, and on there, in the Tool & Product Talk section, they have a thread running- has been for a long time- on the Brother Scan N Cut, so there are a lot of knowledgeable people on there, if you ever have questions, or issues.
I totally agree, the blog hopping and friendship here is so supportive, and does indeed stop you thinking all the 'what if's! Have the rest of a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #13 XxX

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Heather. I can't wait to see the results of your sketching and visits to Ikea and B&Q. Congratulations on your new Scan N Cut; it's a good idea to keep it out somewhere where it can easily be used. I don't use mine enough because I have to set it up each time I want to use it. May you have a much better 2018! Happy WOYWW Sarah #14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Heather! Your hubby is so considerate, generous and forward thinking, wow! Looks like you and Julia had the same idea for a Christmas present! And what a great present it is - you'll have so much fun with it! I'm going backwards and only just now got a manual die-cutter and enjoying the features that the electronic one doesn't have. I'm so touched that you were inspired by my clock face project - if you have any questions, just let me know! Wishing you all the best in 2018! zsuzsa #19

Neet said...

As I said to Julia, if you get as much enjoyment fro your Scan n Cut as my friend in the States has you will love it. Just enjoy every moment.
Have a Wonderful Year Ahead - Hugs, Neet xx

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Heather, looks like Santa was good to you this year :) and YAY for a bigger desk too! ~Stacy #23

Sue said...

Hi Heather, Well lucky you. Lots of fun to be had with that little treasure.

Looking foprward to seeing how you change your CR.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #11

Kim said...

What a thoughtful present (moving the desk) to go with a great present! And planning out the new space is as exciting as crafting!! Have fun! And I hope you have a very Happy New Year!
-K #22

BJ said...

The new crafty space sounds great, hope the visits to Ikea are fruitful. Thanks for the visit BJ#7

Tracey said...

Happy WOYWW. What a wonderful gift. It is an amazing machine, good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing your new craft room after visits to B&Q and Ikea. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Tracey R #2

Shoshi said...

Your Christmas present looks awesome, Heather! You have a lovely creative space too, and I remember what fun I had planning mine when we moved here. Thank you so much for your two lovely comments and I'm really sorry not to have replied to the first one but life has been so crazy here lately. I really appreciate your kind thoughts. We are definitely hoping for better things in the coming year, and somehow we'll get through the current crises!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #5

April said...

What a great Christmas gift. So glad your hubby made arrangements so you would have room. Can't wait to see your new crafting space.
April #21

sandra de said...

Great pressies and I hope you get a lot of use out of the scan and cut. Best of luck creating your dream room for crafting a trip to Ikea will be a great help.
sandra de @4

Christine said...

Some say better late than never! Here I am on a Saturday evening, nothing on the tv except some stupid film that DH is watching so here am I .... visiting my friends.
That is some Christmas present! Best of luck with the new craft room, hope you have a good 2018 filled with good health, laughter, hugs and fun.
See you in 2018
Christine #18

craftyani said...

Wow who must have been good this year for Santa to bring a Scan 'n Cut. Lucky you would love one. wishing you a peaceful 2018. Anickoana #6